Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I just can't or won't let myself believe it's over.

I too am sad that this didn’t happen YET.  It’s not too late, the greens are still alive.  For those interested in numbers we had 199 pledges for associate memberships and 107 golf memberships.  The goal for the number of golf memberships were based on 200 individual memberships.  We received pledges for 24 couple memberships and 1 family membership in addition to the individual memberships.  When you do the math that works out to 60% of the calculated money needed.  We were at 2/3’s of our goal for associate memberships and I think once people realized that the pool was going to become a very nice place to take your family and visit with neighbors from all over the community along with the other family activities that would be held at the club during the entire year, we could have filled that gap fairly quickly.  My concern and what has me scratching my head was number of golfers that we did not hear from.  I thought that once Dan laid out his strategy on how he planned to get the golf course in great shape, they would have responded with at least a pledge.  We did have 107 respond and I want to thank those people for their pledges and apologize to them that we weren’t able to get the other 40%.  There are several golfers that pledged associate memberships just because they wanted to do something while the golf course was getting ready and I want them to know that their support in that way was also appreciated.  Although I think Dan has had the wind knocked out of his sails, I don’t think he has given up entirely so if you haven’t pledged please do so.  I am still checking the turkeycreekcc@gmail.com email and will continue to log the pledges.  One thing I am also considering, just to satisfy my own curiosity, is another door to door campaign to simply ask if each resident has pledged a membership and if they haven’t would they mind telling me why.  We did not send letters because we didn’t have money for the mailing.  We don’t have everyone’s email address and some people don’t even have email.  One of the questions I keep asking myself is whether or not everyone in the community is even aware that they have the opportunity of helping the club reopen.

1 comment:

  1. Theenie, you have worked very hard on this campaign and I for one want to thank you. This is very sad news for all of us golfers but more importantly for us homeowners. Just how sad will be apparent in the near future.
    Thanks, Jim Dent

    ReplyDelete